I got my FLEX-5000A after some time that it was traveling to the
Netherlands, and some time at Customs (and pay them
VAT and other taxes).
I used it in RX-only mode to get everything working. Transmitting
was planned when all was OK, replacing another set (no place
for both sets at that place near the antenna connection).
I used a wire of a 2 meters length for antenna.
Running safemode1, 50%load on the processor. (my dual core
is back to the shop for the 2nd time..........)

FLEX-5000a worked nice for some days, a couple of hours
each day. Then the noise baseline in the Panadapter jumped up
and down a few times and receiving stopped while I was tuning
to another station. Baseline dropped to -140dB, with preamp OFF or ON.

Tried switshing between Firmware 0.1.1.0 and 0.1.1.6, Firmware
loads OK but makes no difference. (PowerSDR v1.10.3)

When the Preamp is OFF there is a differense in the noise
on the baseline of the panadapter connecting an disconnecting
the antenna. When Preamp is on no difference can be seen between
an antenna or none.

Tuning makes allmost no difference in the panadapter.
On 6 meters there is a low music signal notisable (with the antenne), 
tuning makes no difference.

It looks like a super receiver with no oscilator signal on the mixer.

I tried the signal generator in the setup-test screen on receive mode Tone.
Seems to work as I expected it to do (after moving the frequency slider
a bit. must be some software bug there)

As I live in the Netherlands sending it in for reparation is
a last resort. I have not opened the Flex5k yet.
Some hardware information (or test program) would help to track
down the problem, I have signal generators and more.

Anny ideas what to try next (whithout destroying the FLEX or warranty) ??

73 peter pa0pvn


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/pipermail/flexradio_flex-radio.biz/attachments/20071209/7b5561d8/attachment.html
 
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to