I was having major dropouts on my 5000A after having a 100% problem free
experience with it since setting it up several weeks ago.  The difficulty began
last Saturday when I started the software.  The panadapter would show a normal
pattern, then within 2 to 3 seconds show either a flat line slowly rising or a
very slow and expanded pattern of the band noise level.

After trying different bands, different antenna cables and connections,
different antennas, older software releases, rebooting everything, etc etc I
called Flex this AM.  I spoke with both Gerald and Eric.  It was determined
within a very few minutes that my problem was software related - not hardware.

Following Eric's instructions, I installed, then ran, the DPC Latency Checker
which showed an extreme problem with max latency over 13,000 us.  After
disabling individual drivers (using the Device Manager) I discovered that my
recently installed Linksys Wireless-N Notebook Adapter WPC300N was causing the
problem.  After enabling the other network adapters and disabling the Linksys
the max latency dropped to between 8 and 12 us.

For those of you considering upgrading your wireless capability to 802.11N
using Linksys  you may either disable your wireless device when operating the
radio or change your operation mode (mine is Safe Mode 1) to Safe Mode 3.
Either action will give you dropout free receive.

Thanks to Flex for another example of GREAT service.

George Bennett, K1GMB