Bruce,
I did this inside my SDR 1000. I also installed another receiver inside as
well. I disconnected the QRP input inside and put relays in series that
disconnect this input while in transmit or mute in my case as I have the
second receiver using this as well when desired for tying in the same
antenna for both receivers and transmit. You could also do this outside
with a relay that will disable this input while transmitting. I can use
separate antennas during receive also.

Joe
WD5Y