Dale and others,

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. This morning I took off the top and
bottom covers and don't see any loose connections. Does the back circuit
board, on top side of the radio connect directly to the RF connectors or are
there other jumpers between? 

Connected -40dBm tracking signal spanning 20M band using Rohde & Schwarz
generator into each of the 3 antenna input ports. 
Result: when each antenna port is selected I see and hear the signal but it
is 80dB down. 
So I connected the tracking signal directly into the RX1 IN port and
selected use RX1 Out to RX1 In loop on the antenna selection form. Result
positive: see and hear the -40dBm signal, connected antenna directly to RX1
In port, receiver works this way. 

Sure wish I had a schematic of the radio, getting close. TX/RX circuit
hardware stuck in TX?

Thanks,
Ray KB1SO  







-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Boresz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 10:39 PM
To: Ray Faucher
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex5000 Receiver Dead

Ray,

The I/O tests SHOULD fail because when FlexRadio runs these tests at the 
factory they connect things up to the various I/O ports as part of the 
test. When we run them here, they will fail.

So, the fact that the other tests all ran fine (except for the two 
failures -- more about that in a minute) indicates that your radio 
receiver is actually working fine. I think we're getting closer to the 
I/O board on the back panel. You may be exactly right in your 
speculation that a cable has become disconnected somehow.

Regarding the two tests that failed, I'd suggest that you try just those 
two tests again. I usually end up with one or two tests that fail, yet 
when I try them again, they work fine. Click the "Clear All" button in 
the 'Bands' section beneath all the checkboxes. Then, check both the 17M 
and 160M checkboxes and run the tests again (they'll go a lot faster 
this time because you're only testing two bands). My bet is that they'll 
pass this time around.

Dale



Ray Faucher wrote:
> Dale,
>
> Running the production test all the I/O tests FAILED. Had couple other
> failures also MDS 17M and TX Filter 160M. Yes I did re-build the DB.
Thanks
> for the help, I think we are getting closer no just got figure out why all
> the I/O's FAILED.
>
> Thanks,
> Ray
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dale Boresz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 9:39 PM
> To: Ray Faucher
> Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex5000 Receiver Dead
>
> Ray,
>
> Did you try deleting your PowerSDR database file, and allowing PowerSDR 
> to create a new one?
>
> More things to try:
> Try running the production tests. First, make sure you're running at a 
> sample rate of 96 KHz, rather than 48 KHz (the production tests are run 
> at 96KHz). Then, evoke the Product test panel (while PowerSDR has focus) 
> by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-P
>
> Once the FLEX-5000 Production HTRX Test form appears, just click the 
> button in the lower left corner of the form, labeled: "Run Selected 
> Tests". This battery of tests uses internally generated signals to test 
> all the signal paths in the radio. It will take approximately  15 to 18 
> minutes for all of the tests to run.
>
> Dale
>
>
>
>
> Ray Faucher wrote:
>   
>> Thanks Dale for the suggestion, I tried even switching antenna ports,
>>     
> still
>   
>> have the no receive. 
>>
>> 73,
>> Ray
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Dale Boresz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
>> Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 8:51 PM
>> To: Ray Faucher
>> Cc: [email protected]
>> Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex5000 Receiver Dead
>>
>> Ray,
>>
>> Here's something to check:
>> -- When you bring up the Antenna selection panel (by clicking on the 
>> "Antenna" menu option of PowerSDR), make sure that the antenna port 
>> connection in the 'Receiver 1' dropdown box matches the one that you are 
>> using. Also, on this same panel right below the 'Receiver 1' dropdown 
>> list, make sure that the "Use RX1 Out to RX1 In Loop" checkbox is NOT 
>> checked (unless you actually have something connected in that path of 
>> course).
>>
>> 73, Dale
>> WA8SRA
>>
>>
>>
>> Ray Faucher wrote:
>>   
>>     
>>> I have had my Flex5000 for few months now and been very happy with it,
>>> however turned the rig on this evening and the receiver is dead. I hear
>>>       
> no
>   
>>> signals, not even the loud AM broadcast stations near by. The antenna
>>>     
>>>       
>> system
>>   
>>     
>>> is fine, confirmed using my 2nd rig, IC-775DSP. PowerSDR is version
>>>     
>>>       
>> v1.10.3,
>>   
>>     
>>> reloaded, power cycled the Flex5000 and re-booting computer few times
>>>     
>>>       
>> still
>>   
>>     
>>> no receive. The Flex5000 transmits fine, Tune reports proper VSWR and
SSB
>>> audio sound fine using Mon and 2nd receiver. Guess, will take the
>>>       
> Flex5000
>   
>>> a-part tomorrow morning, maybe a cable came un-plugged. Other wise,
guess
>>>     
>>>       
>> a
>>   
>>     
>>> component failed on the front end. 
>>>  
>>> Anyone have any other suggestions?
>>>  
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ray KB1SO
>>> -------------- next part --------------
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>> URL:
>>>     
>>>       
>
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/pipermail/flexradio_flex-radio.biz/attachments/20
>   
>> 071215/c7bd2da9/attachment.html 
>>   
>>     
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> FlexRadio mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
>>> Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
>>> FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/
>>> FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>   
>>>     
>>>       
>>
>>   
>>     
>
>
>
>   


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to