-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Neal Campbell K3NC
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 1:33 PM
To: Flex Group
Subject: [Flexradio] RadCom arrived

I just got my copy of the latest RadCom magazine with Peter Hart's
review of the 5000a. The review is overall excellent, the only flaw is
the phase noise limited dynamic bandwidth "further out" from  500Hz
bandwidth. He also says that the wideband noise plateau on 160 was
clearly visible on the spectrum analyzer at -108dbC/Hz which he called
"a worrying result". He ends the review saying that the 5000a is a
significant advance on the SDR1000 and in many ways the receiver ranks
with the very best although image rejection is the limiting issue.

A great review from him, I really like his reviews they are less
biased than our national organization's magazine.

Neal Campbell K3NC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM:nealk3nc

telnet to our DX Spotting clusters at: dxc.k3nc.com, ports 12001 and 23

"Devoted to Dogs: How to be your dog's best owner"
Great Dog Book  at www.abrohamneal.com