I have noticed this too. When you tune the flex to 7.000.6 in CWU it
is actually transmitting on 7.000.0. Go any lower and although you
may still show above 7.000 you will be out of band, and the flex
won't transmit.

I compared this to my 950sdx. When I tune it to 7.000.0 I am actually
transmitting there. However any signals I am receiving will be heard
at the cw offset tone, of say 600 hz. This tone does not shift when
you change from CWU to CWL (CWr).

I'm not sure why the flex behaves the way it does. I can't figure an
advantage, and the downside seem significant.

73 Ed W2RF