Place several ferrite split cores on both ends of the USB cable.  It has been
know to be susceptible to RFI.

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of KQ8RP
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 8:38 AM
To: FlexRadio
Subject: [Flexradio] USB Drop Out & PA Calibration

I am using a laptop and a usb cable.  I have always had a problem with the USB
loosing its mind and dropping out.

I recently added a USB Hub with a power supply but it doesnt seem any better.
It actually seems to be worse on picking up RF.

Also I just downloaded SVN 1875  although the software still shows 1826.  When
I do a PA Calibration using 100 watts it works except on 80 meters where there
it trips out my power supply.  I calibrated it at 50 and it seems to be ok.
Does this mean that 80 now at 100% only have 50 watts?  Is there any other
thing I should do here?

Scott Gordon
Phone: (888) 428-6622
Fax (866) 505-7171