LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 2:10 PM
To: Flex Radio
Subject: [Flexradio] SOLAR CYCLE 24 BEGINS!

http://spaceweather.com/

SOLAR CYCLE 24 BEGINS:
Solar physicists have been waiting for the appearance of a reversed-polarity
sunspot to signal the start of the next solar cycle. The wait is
over.Yesterday, a magnetically reversed sunspot emerged at solar latitude 30 N.
For reasons explained in a recent [EMAIL PROTECTED] story, this marks the
beginning of Solar Cycle 24 and the first step toward a new solar maximum.
Intense solar activity won't begin right away. Solar cycles usually take a few
years to build from solar minimum (where we are now) to Solar Max (expected in
2011 or 2012). It's a slow journey, but we're on our way!

Good DX is on the way now!

Zack
N8FNR