I got some audio feedback data while in a QSO this weekend.  This was
relatively local stuff on 75m in the evening but what I heard seems to
be in agreement with the described functionality of the new DX button.

Basically, when the DX button is engaged, there is considerable punch,
providing a nice boost for working the DX; for casual rag chewing as was
the case in this QSO, the additional boost was not needed and the audio
sounded more natural without DX engaged, which is as I would have
expected.

All in all, sounds like a nice new feature which I hope to try out soon
under DX conditions.

73, Pete N3EVL