I'm considering speaker choices for a new 5000a and note that the Bose
Companion 2 is on the list at http://kb.flex-radio.com/article.aspx?id=10244

Looking at the displays at computer stores, it appears this speaker has
a circuit that attempts to simulate stereo.  Bose has a reputation for
doing things differently.  I'm interested in knowing what this may do to
mono audio.  (I would like to know the technical details.)

The Bose ad says:

> Proprietary TrueSpace® stereo signal processing circuitry Creates a
> wide stereo soundstage designed for computer listening, enabling
> fuller enjoyment of music, movies and games.

I wonder if the other speakers listed have circuits like this.  If an
amplified speaker has a circuit to 'simulate stereo' I would at least
like to be able to turn that feature off.

--

Regards, TOM BLACKWELL, PO Box 25403, Dallas, Texas 75225