Steve
I am experiencing the same in phone in fact, when NR is active, the sound
becomes very hollow with crackling distortion on peaks. I turned a bug report
on this a couple of months ago. Under the DSP tab, I run Rx buffers at either
2048 or 4096. When I switch these values with POWER SDR running, the
hollow/crackling temporarily goes away, but slowly returns after a few minutes.
It doesn't matter what values I run, just the action of switching is what
temporarily cures the problem. I've tried the various safe modes with the same
results.This may have something to do with my PC or firewire. I'm running an
intel quad core with on board firewire using a TI chipset. It shares an IRQ
with USB which I have only my keyboard and mouse connected. I'm about to
install a firewire PCI card using the Lucent Agere chipset. My Gigabyte
motherboard allows me to assign a dedicated IRQ to a PCI slot and that's what
I'll do.
My workaround for now, was to replace the DttSP.dll file with one from an older
version of Power SDR dated 11/28/07.
Jim
K5HY
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:23:01 -0800
> Subject: [Flexradio] What happened to the legendary NR???
>
> A while back the NR in PowerSDR was reworked. The leakage parameter was
> added (or brought back) and Block LMS was removed. I asked at the time about
> the reduced NR performance and was told some beta testers were working on it
> and the best settings would be released. That was sometime back in the fall.
> I haven't seen any improvements since then.
>
> I remember when PowerSDR NR was the best I've ever heard. Now I get better
> NR from the KDSP2 unit in my Elecraft K2, which I didn't think was very
> good. Most of my observations are in the CW mode with narrow filters. Yes I
> do get some noise reduction with wider filters. But even SSB NR isn't what
> it used to be.
>
> I am a great FlexRadio supporter and customer and don't want to complain.
> But I'd really like to see some changes in NR. Is there a magic bullet group
> of settings to try? I've tried every combination of the 4 parameters under
> the sun and can't find anything resembling the former NR performance.
>
> 73,
>
> Steve N6VL
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/
>
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/