Rob,
was there any particular reason the K3 wasn't tested using the available
8-pole 250 Hz roofing filter? I'd be curious to know how much if any
this would add to the narrow spaced dynamic performance of the K3
(tested with the 5-pole 200 hz).

73,

Kirb - VE6IV
--

Rob Sherwood wrote-

 >The SDR-1000 will not be listed since other spurs predominate over 3rd
order products.  Also as some have >commented, the undesired products
(spurs, 3rd order, ground loops, etc.) vary so much from one sound-card
 >installation to another to make a data set from one test setup almost
meaningless.

 >General comments:
 >Isn't it wonderful that American ham equipment manufacturers are back
in the fray.  It is no longer only Japan, Inc.

 >There is more to choosing a radio than just numbers.  Deciding between
running a radio with knobs or a mouse and >a computer is a very personal
choice.   The K3 has knobs, but no band scope.  The Flex has an amazing
band scope.  >The loaner K3 in my lab has a rack-sized 85-pound spectrum
analyzer hooked up to the IF output.  Hopefully >Elecraft or other
aftermarket solutions will be smaller than this!

 >Still waiting to see a Hilberling 8000A.   Anyone seen one, even in
Europe?