I think Ray is on the money here.  VAC in and of itself is not without
processing.  It is selecting DIGL/DIGU that causes the DSP to leave the
input unprocessed.  Try turning on VAC while in USB mode and I think you'll
find you already have what you're looking for (processing option for VAC
inputs).

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems