After being frustrated with some of my sofrware not functioning properly on
my Vista box, I activated the super administrator account (requires several
steps which can be found with a Google search).  Since then, I have been
able to run all of my older XP programs without difficulties.  After
activating the super administrator account I did need to reload some
programs, but it was worth it for me.

Craig AE7I