Hi, Ross.  I'm also using the SDR-1000 for WSPR.  In fact, I received
your signal four times this morning!

No, the signal should be quite narrow, and if you have other products
within 25dB or so below or above, it's not normal...but I have seen
it.  I would suspect a mixing artifact from some other program which
has the VAC open, even if they don't seem to be outputting sound.
When I had the VAC as the "default" sound device in windows (before
WSPR supported selecting different devices), this would happen
whenever I had IE open, of all things.

Maybe I should offer my 100WPA for sale, as I seem to be using the
SDR-1000 for QRPp almost exclusively :-).

--bruce W1BW