I use the 3DConx AND a mouse.
3DC on left side of keyboard to adjust frequency up and down the band when S&P 
contesting, or to adjust frequency for slightly off callers when 'Running'.
Wireless mouse on right side of keyboard for Mouse button control of contesting 
or dxing program.
Two fisted approach.
SN used to control tuning, Mouse used to control PWSDR/Contesting Logger.

I can fine tune frequency slightly with the mouse wheel, but 3DC is more 
intuitive as it's a 'knob'.
Mouse wheel, half the time I turn it in wrong direction. (I can't walk and chew 
gum either).

The 3DC ONLY controls only PWSDR, using a mouse (or trackball) across multiple 
monitors to adjust frequency/band/settings is far too slow for contesting. For 
me, even though a touch typist, the keyboard is too slow. Old fingers and even 
older memory results in fumbles and forgotten keystrokes. 

Now to get W2RF code and K5KDN's digital offset code merged into 'test-svn' 
code.
Been a fun digital contest this weekend using all the new features of Flex.

A big thank you to Steve for DDTu, Bob for his digital offset code, and Richard 
for the 3DC code.
Of course a big thank you to the others writing, code for Flex.

What can be better than Contesting, while watching in succession, Cubs win, 
WSox win, and Final Four?




  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Alan NV8A 
  To: Flex Group 
  Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 5:13 AM
  Subject: Re: [Flexradio] New knob support for PowerSDR


  On 03/27/08 09:29 am Ed Russell wrote:

  > The w2rf test console now has basic support for the 3DxConnection 
  > SpaceNavigator.
  > 
  > This is native support, not through keystrokes. It also works even 
  > when PowerSDR doesn't have focus.
  > 
  > It is available in the SVN branch w2rf/release/bin
  > 
  > You may need to delete the mdb file. Direct I/Q to VAC is still 
  > supported. Let me know of any problems, questions, or comments.


  Does the SpaceNavigator replace the mouse or supplement it? I have my 
  keyboard and trackball (I hate mice) on a pull-out keyboard shelf. There 
  is no room for both trackball and SpaceNavigator.

  73

  Alan NV8A

  _______________________________________________
  FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
  [email protected]
  http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
  Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
  Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: 
http://www.flex-radio.com/
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to