The SDR-1000 does *not* use the female DB-25 port on the back as either a IEEE
1284 interface (parallel) or an RS-232 (serial) interface as defined by their
physical specifications or their associated protocol.

It uses the pins in the DB-25 connector to "bit bang" the SDR hardware to
control different radio functions.  It just so happens that PowerSDR uses the
female DB-25 port on a computer (aka the "parallel port") to interface with the
radio.  But again, it is not using it as a true IEEE 1284 device commonly used
to control printers.

So what is needed is a cable, with DB-25 D-sub connectors (male connectors on
both ends) with all of the pins (25) wired straight through.  Also get one that
has extra shielding because it is going to be used in a higher RF environment
that what it was initially intended for.

You will see it referred to as a 25-pin RS-232 cable, modem cable, parallel
cable, serial/parallel cable depending on it's assumed application.

Here are a few examples:

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5fid=917&sku=02665

http://www.cablesnmor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=123

http://www.infinitecables.com/pop/cb_pr-aa1-6.htm