The problems of electric fences has come up.  Recently an electric fence was 
installed at my residence in Pretoria, South Africa.  There were already a 
number of electric fences in my neighborhood.  They all make the arcking sounds 
when you come near them.   When you listen to HF radio they emit a strong 
clicking sound about every second.  

I am please to report that for me the noise blanker on the Flex 5000A takes the 
interference from the electric fence completely out without degrading receiver 
performance.  I am really amazed.  My stand-alone rigs do not perform the same 
way.  I think this must be because the noise blanker in the Flex 5000A has the 
power of a PC behind it rather than just a chip in a radio.  

See you at Dayton.

Sig, NV7E + ZS6SIG 

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to