The "sticky relay on the 5K still happens to me with new firmware, about
every 100 transmissions or so (no pattern). It does happen more often when I am

using VOX. I do not know if it happens more often on VOX because of the
constant  send/receive transitions that take place, or the fact that there is a
higher  chance of catching a transients. I have ruled out any transients to the

amplifier switching (I noted one flexer had made a remark about that in the
past  that he only had problems when using the linear amplifier). I have a
solid
state switching device I designed, external to the Flex 5k that has
absolutely  no transients. I do have a theory though that it may be occurring
when you
are transitioning between T/R at the same time a high RF current  is present
on the coax. RF from an amp can be present on the outside of the  coax that is
connected to the transceiver. Although this does not affect my  SDR-1000 or
Kenwood transceivers, it does happen when I use the 5K. I was  thinking of
placing a torrid on the coax from the 5k to eliminate RF on the coax  and see
if
that helps. P.S. I have everything in my shack grounded properly so  no
grounding lessons please!!

Harry
W9BR

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.