Peter, Tim and All,

My settings for Elecraft K3 TX equalizer are following for high
noise/DX pileup conditions:
50 Hz     -16 dB
100 Hz   -16 dB
200 Hz   -12 dB
400 Hz   ±0 dB
800 Hz   + 9 dB
1200 Hz +16 dB
2400 Hz +16 dB
3200 Hz -16 dB
After that there is 2,7 kHz "roofing" filter. The compression setting
is put to the maximum 30.
I have used similar kind of settings also for SDR-1000. I'm using a
dynamic  microphone with a practically flat frequency response.
Remember however, that the optimal settings depend on the personal
voice. Remember also that these settings are not for HiFi, but only
for efficient punch with limited TX power and bandwidth through high
noise and QRM.

Since 1970's Im using same kind of equalizer settings together with
the old fashioned "RF-clipper" during the years in all of my heavily
modified analog "rice box" radios and I'm usually getting easily
through the pileups with only 100 W output power. Now the DSP can do
the same thing much better and in a more elegant way.

Please, read the KB articles Tim is referring to:
 http://support.flex-radio.com/Downloads.aspx?fn=speech-processing.pdf
 http://support.flex-radio.com/Downloads.aspx?fn=filter-clipped-speech.pdf
(Thanks Tim for putting those articles to the KB!)

73, Ahti OH2RZ