John or anyone,

I think I've mentioned to you that I have decided to help with the 500 KHz
project and to that end have strung out 1500 ft. of wire more or less to the
west as a beverage.  Now, if I look at the spectrum say from 490 KHz to 515 KHz
with with either the Flex5000A or the SDR IQ with preamp I see what appear to
be several equally spaced moderate level carriers with no modulation which I
assume really don't exist but nothing else and certainly no CW signal that I
could attribute to my fellow LowFers.   None of these correspond to any
frequency the others in the project say they are using.  If I move up in
frequency both receivers pick up a broadcast station in Cedar Rapids which is
off the end of the beverage so I guess I can understand that.  And yes, the
strength of the broadcast station on the Flex is monstrous and that of the
amped SDR IQ is weak.

Now, my question, is there some history of images and a solution to the
filtering for elimination of same some where in the KB?

I am in the process of building an eight wire 12 ft. octagon loop which I hope
will eliminate the suspicion that my antenna is inadequate.

Lee