From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ross
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 4:37 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] !.12.0 Digital modes and receive image on the SDR1000

Has any one tried Digital modes with the new 1.12.0 with an SDR1000.
I have been trying it transmitting into a dummy load, (at low power) and
receiving on my Orion II, and frankly the received decoded signal is not good,
it has a lot of errors.
I have tried MMTTY and Mixw2 with similar results.
Error rate would be about 25% whereas with an S5 signal into the Orion I would
expect 100% decode perfectly.

I just retried version 1.10.4 at low power and with probably less than 3watts
into a dummy load and no s meter reading on the Orion it decoded perfectly.

One other major problem with 1.12.0.
 I have a major receive image problem, no it is not my self confidence image,
but an SDR image.
listening to almost any station , on its primary frequency I also hear it 18khz
up, very strong.
Trying the image correction has no effect.

I can appreciate the effort that is going into the 5000 range, but was the
software checked thoroughly for the SDR1000 or is it not suitable for the
SDR1000?

Regards
Ross
ZL1WN
ps in case anyone wonders what I am using, it is Vista Business, on a high spec
dual core machine and the Edirol FA66 with all the audio options that have been
suggested.
Transmitted using Mixw with VAC to the SDR1000.