Dave,

You have lots of questions.  Please see my comments below

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Blaschke
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 10:05 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Just asking

Before I hit the Flex bug and request boards, I have a  question.

[Tim] Make sure a bug is a bug and not an enhancement.

Can the RX2 audio be split away from the RX1 audio and brought out
separately, like to a new pair of VAC's, or to the LINE OUT on the
back of the radio?

 [Tim] Yes, it can be panned into the left and right AF output (speakers and
headphones)
No, there is no VAC support for the RX2 at this time (this would be an
enhancement)

Apparently, RX2's audio does not show up on the VAC when choosing
VAC1 for input and VAC for output, even if I go and check the combine
VAC channels checkbox, and/or check the combine to VAC checkbox.
Anyone having any luck with this.

 [Tim] As noted above, RX2 is not VAC "aware".  No one will have luck with it
until the logic is put in place to do so.

My goal is to use RX1 AND RX2 to be seen by WSJT using VAC's. The
ideal here will be to run two instances of WSJT and using two pairs
of VAC's, let the first pair connect RX1 to the 1'st instance of
WSJT, and the second pair of VAC's to connect to the second instance of WSJT.

 [Tim] Yes, that is what I want to do too.  But it will have to wait for the
VAC from RX2 enhancement.

I realize this last item will require a revision to PowerSDR to
separate the two audio channels. I see no way to do that at this
time. Is there any hope of ever having this capability, you Flex
software gurus?

 [Tim] I am fairly sure it is on the list for a future RX2 enhancement.  There
is no time frame for it at this time.

Dave, W5UN