From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Gwyn Williams
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:06 AM
To: Flex Reflector
Subject: [Flexradio] 5000-A (CW)

Hi everybody,

I just thought I'd relate some of my findings with the new PowerSDR v1.12.0 and
the updated firmware. I guess I'd better mention that my station runs CW only,
so all my comments are concerning that mode.

The most annoying thing about the new version is that following close-down
PowerSDR seems to forget where it was placed on the screen, whereas with
v1.10.3 it came back to where it was placed previously, a step in the wrong
direction.

With the previous version I could not get 100W out on any band, with this new
version it gives more power output but not the full 100W. I have an internal
ATU with 1.0 match (according to the ATU Settings screen).

With the previous version some CW characters (Dots) at the beginning of a word
were clipped, this was noticeable. With the new version this seems to have been
all but eradicated, if I ask someone to monitor my transmission and they
produce a ".gif" style readout, the clipped characters are still identifiable
but fewer.

All in all, the new version with the updated firmware is definitely an
improvement, thanks for all the hard work.

Kind Rgds,
Gwyn - G4FKH