I have noticed it happen more frequently also since 1.12.0 but only on
one computer. Since I have only seen it on one computer, I suspect its
exacerbated by configuration.

Does your 1394a card share its interrupt with a lot of other devices,
especially high bandwidth ones like video or USB controllers? Have you
tried moving it to another slot in your computer? Is there anyway that
you can steer its IRQ to something else?

Neal

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Joe - KC2TN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes I've had this happen to me on my new 5KA...It happens regularly when the
> receiver is sitting idle for a while.
>
> I've tried ALL operating modes with no success yet.
>
> I attributed it to my processor speed.
>
> I'm running an AMD 1.83GHz with 1.5gb ram. XP svc pack 3
>
> The 5KA hangs even if it's the only program running.
>
> I've only had the 5KA for less than a week, so I really don't have much
> experience with it yet.
>
> This is only one of a few problems I'm having so far. Otherwise it's great!
>
> Joe - KC2TN

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
(540) 242 0911
Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com - introduction priced at $10.99
For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com
See the FlexRadio Systems Flex-5000a in
action at www.flex-videos.com