Tnx to Chuck, Bill, and Don Sachnoff for their suggestions. Wound up
using the .cmd commands below to discover I had a bunch of unused USB
port assignments left over from stuff I had thrown out. Deleted those.
Also per Bill's suggestion, had to do the remove existing USB stuff and
reboot to get some of the numbers back. Then go to Device Manager and
look at existing USB callouts. Removed about ten of those no longer in
use. After running com0com setup and renaming existing coms, I now have
COM2 and COM8 and a bunch more available and working.

N1MM is still a challenge but the next contest is a long ways away.

Again tnx to all for the great help. See you on PSK and RTTY.

73, Carl WCØV