I recommend to try a relatively inexpensive fix. This works for only
resonant (in band), single band antennas. I used this method for contest
stations
that I built back in the 80's where we had multi op stations operating  side by
side. We had burned out front ends on receivers from adjacent stations  with
huge harmonic energy. This is also a good field day trick for club  stations
with multi transmitters/receivers.

Use a 75 ohm coax stub with an in line T-Connector on the antenna. Cut the
length of 75 ohm cable with velocity factor figured in so that it is resonant
in  the center of the desired operating band. This produces a band pass filter
so  out of band signals are rejected. Also works on transmit to reduce
harmonics. It  will take LOTS of power, so do not worry about burning it out!
Also
gives you  some lightening protection as it grounds the antenna and eliminates
any static  that builds up on the antenna. You can add multiple stubs to
increase the Q of  the bandpass filter, but in most cases, one will do it!!

Harry
W9BR

In a message dated 7/8/2008 11:01:31 A.M. Central Daylight Time,