Finally a topic I can add my two cents.

My wonderful 5000a is now on the bottom shelf of my ham station bench.  The 
blue light that lights up the room at night is now safely obscured when I 
operate.   It was tough to place this wonderful box out of sight.  But all my 
connections are made to my satisfaction. (Ok, I can slide it out and change 
cables as necessary!)

The absolute best part is I can do my Ham activities from my (now) 2nd favorite 
endeavor, the current computer setup.  

So, to summarize, the single very bright blue light reminds me, every single 
time I notice it, that I've got the latest and greatest ham rig in existence.  
It is so 'cool' that it is out of sight.  ;-)

Ted
NX6C





----- Original Message ----
From: Neal Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Brian Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: FlexRadio Reflector <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:44:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex5000 nit-picking

The patented K3NC optional package (which sells for approximately a
million dollers US so its a great deal for people outside the US)
includes a very small piece of electrical tape (I can even provide
party colors in the tape if you are willing to pay more) that can be
put on the top of the button. Another option (more expensive but worth
it) is to steal a plastic or rubber toggle switch cover (like go over
those poles) and place it over it.

But, I had my 5000a in the shop for three weeks and I missed my blue
light tremendously so I do not use my own products!

Neal
K3NC Worldwide Enterprises (we are going to be really big if we ever
make a sale)


On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Brian Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, Flex5000 is operating and on the air. I have another ham friend
> visiting and we are spending a lot of time exploring the capabilities
> of the Flex5000 and PowerSDR in shifts. :-)
>
> But I do have one nit to pick that came up really early on: that ugly,
> glaring, blinding blue power light. Guys, was it necessary to copy the
> low-rider audio power amps, I mean, really? I know, no one makes an
> LED with the spectral characteristics of the filament of an 811 but
> the dual-color LEDs with both the red and green excited at the same
> time is reasonably pleasant (if the excitation frequency is well above
> the flicker threshold). Would you please offer an upgrade to filament-
> colored lighting please?
>
> (OK, that was *mostly* humorous. I would like to tone it down a bit.)
>
> Thank you.
> --
>
> 73 de Brian, WB6RQN
> Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: 
> http://www.flex-radio.com/
>
>



-- 
Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
(540) 242 0911
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com - introduction priced at $10.99
-------------------------------------------------
For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com
-------------------------------------------------
See the FlexRadio Systems Flex-5000a in
action at www.flex-videos.com

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/


      
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to