From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Lloyd
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 3:00 AM
To: FlexRadio Reflector
Subject: [Flexradio] differences between PSK31 demodulators

Making progress here. VAC is working and I am trying different digital-
mode applications. It is interesting to see how different the quality
of the copy is. I have my MacBook Pro connected via analog cable to
line out and am using CocoaModem to monitor the off-air signal as I
fumble with VAC and various digital mode programs on the PC, i.e. MixW
and MultiPSK. It is interesting to see the difference in the quality
of the copy between the various programs. Right now I am looking at
both the Mac and PC printing out a PSK31 QSO but the error rate for
MixW is *MUCH* higher than the error rate in CocoaModem on the Mac.
Not having any other experience with this what should I expect?

No, I have not tried routing the analog signal to the sound card in
the PC to see how that works.

So, since I have no experience with Windows-based soundcard digital
mode programs, should I be looking at something other than MixW?
MultiPSK's UI is much more cluttered but seems to work pretty well. I
occasionally play with PSK31 but am much more interested in more
robust modes like MFSK and Olivia.

--

73 de Brian, WB6RQN
Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com