From: Jim Menefee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Friday, August 1, 2008 7:58:45 PM
Subject: [Flexradio] DPC MADNESS!

The Setup: New MSI P7N MoBo, Q6600, 2 Gig RAM -

Running the FLEX 5000 twin receivers, the Processor humms along at 7 to 12%,
DPC <100 Us,  no spikes of any kind, all seems fine, then comes the evil
IE!  Any activity on the Internet, the DPC spikes up to 10,000  and the Flex
locks up. Other programs  As soon as the page is loaded, the stop-start is
clicked and it once again starts running until I surf to another page.  I
use in graphic design (CS) programs that also lock it up.Try a contest,
looking up calls and trying to listen.  I been a Flexer for 3 years and
realize DPC have been an issue with the 1000 and now the 5000 - but not very
well addressed.  The Power SDR program is the only program that locks up,
and I have a lot of high demand programs that could,

I would love a fix if only temporary, but a lot of users are having DPC
Lockups.. They may not know why or what they are, just the program locks up
and they have to restart the program. I have heard others on the
air thinking of buying the products, but don't because of the lock up
issues. No doubt this has and will continue to hurt the SDR concept and
sales until a fix is found.

Isn't their a routine that could run in the background to monitor for the
lockup and reset the program?

Any fixes you can think of for this madness?

--
    Jim Menefee
James W. Menefee, Jr. P.A.