On Aug 9, 2008, at 10:05 PM, Ted wrote:

> I miss the D'Arsonval  S-meters with the face edge lit by a #47 bulb.

But you want the kind with the arrow pointer.

You know, we have been thinking about this all wrong!  The *real*
future for PowerSDR is with plug-in GUI components. That way we can
construct a transceiver that looks any way we want it to! You can have
a Magic Eye tube plug-in and then tie that to any indication function.
I'm thinking that the Magic Eye tube would be AWESOME as an ALC
indicator. And you have to have the massive edge-lit cream colored S-
meter. There should even be a drop-in screen that shows a couple of
811s. As you transmit the cathode ray glow on the glass flickers in
time with your modulation. If you are pushing the radio hard you can
even see the plates start to glow deep red. Frequency read-out should
be with nixie tubes and controlled by a National HRO tuning dial. The
possibilities are endless!

--

73 de Brian, WB6RQN
Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com