I have successfully used the Get-and-Set utility from Edgemeal Software
http://www.geocities.com/edgemeal_software/SetAffinity/index.htm
It allows me to assign any application to any core. I have found that
the XP operating system does not seem to take DPC activity level into
consideration within it's automatic scheduling algorithm.

I assign PowerSDR to core-1 and all other competing activity to core-0
to try and steer the DPC traffic away from PowerSDR.

GL Ken N9VV