I use tightVNC and IPsound

I've used Skype and it works OK but I think IPsound is a little faster.  My
experience of MS desktop is "bloatware"   TightVNC does have some security
built in, in that its password protected that is probably good enough for your
application but you can use Open SSH if you want a lot more security   I
install tightVNC as a process on the computer where PSDR resides.  there is an
installation option to do this.  I haven't done a lot with this just enough to
get it working satisfactorily.  It gives me access to my F5K from a Linux box
on my network

73  W9OY