I have been testing the Perseus and will be testing a Flex 5000A again in the
near future with an HP 7800 quad core.  It comes with Vista, but you can get
free XP "downgrade" CDs from HP.   XP "downgrade" option will be around for
about 1.5 years from many OEMs.   Maybe by then Vista will be replaced with
some other bloat-ware package.  Hi Hi

73, Rob, NC0B

>>> "Eric Wachsmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/29/2008 8:52 am >>>

Pete,

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 530 with a Q6600 quad core CPU, 3GB ram, and 500GB
HD running XP.  They are still running the same deal for $499, but
unfortunately no longer offer XP (now Vista Home Premium).  Between office
systems here and several individual purchases for home, we have 4 of these
and none of us have been disappointed.

Adding a decent video card can really make this machine fly.

http://www.deals2buy.com/load/dellhome.php?ecode=6VAFF-DDDADG4

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems