From: Tim Ellison
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:56 AM
To: 'Howard Grams'; FlexRadio List
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] Buffer Size for use with new device driver 3.2.0.1556

"The earlier device driver reported a suggested minimum buffer size, but
allowed you to use a slightly smaller one to reduce latency, with the
documentation saying "The Minimum Buffer Size shown in Figure 13 is not an
absolute value, but rather an estimate. It is perfectly reasonable to select a
buffer size smaller than the minimum recommended if your PC has enough
processing power to overcome inherent system latency."

But the new device driver seems to preclude that.

It seems a bit much for the driver to not allow my choice of minimum buffer
size, and then set itself to a value that cannot be matched in the PowerSDR
setup."

This is not true.  You can set the sampling rate to 1024.

We just need to work through the issue you are having.

Please provide information regarding your PC O/S configuration.

What is the "operation mode" of the Firewire driver?

-Tim