Hi Brian,

The international ITU allocation to the Amateur Radio Service on 30 meters
is SECONDARY.

The Fixed Service has the primary allocation. The Fixed Service is usually
Military, so there are non-amateur stations that you will hear from time to
time on 30 meters and yes, it could be encrypted!

73 Joel W5ZN