Bruce Walker wrote:
I have an SDR-1000 from which I recently removed the 100WPA, so it's now a
barefoot 1W version.  I am currently using an FA-66 with it.  I've noticed
that since I've removed the 100WPA, the displayed power is about 3dB higher
than what I read on my QRP power meter (WM-1); when PowerSDR says 1W out,
I'm measuring 500mW, and that holds with scale (100mW displayed, 50mW
measured).

I have one of the last production 1w units. With the FA66 calibrated, on 30m at 100% power as indicated on PWSDR I get 0.45w out measured on some accurate lab test gear. I have heard that the 1w rating was a 'nominal' value, and half a watt or so when properly setup was fairly typical. As I use it mostly to drive transverters, the lower power is fine for my needs.

73  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an
160m > 24Gigs