There has been discussion here about some kind of external, intelligent "stunt box" attached to the flexwire port in order to provide interface to various things, e.g. ALC, antenna rotator control, etc. Something key to me would be some sort of scripting language that would become part of PowerSDR to allow people to easily tie events to actions. The scripting language can even allow things like ALC level conversion or even transfer function. Think 'CAT' without the rigidity. (FORTH? Embedded Java? elisp? OK, that's overkill)

I liked Jim Lux's point about ALC not passing through the PC but instead should reduce drive in the F5K PA directly. That means that some of the intelligence would have to reside in the uP in the Flex box itself.

Just a thought.

Brian Lloyd
Granite Bay Montessori School          9330 Sierra College Bl
brian AT gbmontessori DOT com          Roseville, CA 95661
+1.916.367.2131 (voice)                +1.791.912.8170 (fax)

PGP key ID:          12095C52A32A1B6C
PGP key fingerprint: 3B1D BA11 4913 3254 B6E0  CC09 1209 5C52 A32A 1B6C