Hi All

This is totally off topic, but I need to ask if any of you heavy duty software
guys out there know if there is a program that will run on a windows PC, it
could even be a dos application, that is basically a scheduling program. I need
to be able to on some given day at some given time 24-7 execute a closure. I
need to be able to record satellite programs into another PC for later replay
without spending a lot of money for a real automation system. Such is the fate
of broadcast radio today................

As I envision it, the PC would output a word on the parallel port that could be
decoded to close a relay or turn on an open collector transistor.

The program will need to be flexible enough that the same event could be
scheduled every day, or a one day a week event could be executed. The GUI
should be "friendly" enough that events could be entered on the fly. I probably
won't need a load of possible events, since a lot of them will be cyclical, but
I suppose if  8 lines are available on the parallel port 256 would be the upper
limit which would be more than enough (+/- 3 dB).

Many thanks! Please reply off list. Now I'm going to go play with my 5000.

Bill AD5OL