You said you turned on the SDR first and then the computer?????  Are you sure
thats at order?

I have a SDR1k and I turn on the computer first, let it boot up and when the
computer is ready I turn on the SDR1k and double click the PowerSDR button to
launch the software..... never a problem....

Dennis, k0eoo