I recently built an Atom 330 Machine for the 5000A and ran into a
problem that I originally thought was a problem with the MOBO. If MixW
was in TX the power out would jump up 100+ watts output no matter what
the drive setting. The same for TUNE. This was even happening in LSB
(VAC disabled).  The problem turned out to be a setting in the MixW
Sound Card setting. For some reason my MixW will occasionally reset the
OUTPUT sound device to "FlexRadio Flex-5000 Audio" instead of "Cable 1"
of VAC. I found that Hamscope will do the same thing.

 This can be a real problem considering  my linear is only expecting 30
watts!!

73's Mark NU6X    Sedona, AZ

PS. The little Atom 330 machine works well and only cost me $250 to
build.