The windows change ONLY for display. In a act of "I know better than you do", the filters for the bandpass/demodulation are all blackman-harris. fred harris, a friend and colleague, told me if I switched he would disown on me.

;-)

These filters are so long that there is actually very little difference in the windows for audio purposes.

Bob

FireBrick wrote:
There are algorithms from Blackman to Parzen.
To tell the truth, I haven't a clue about them.

I can't honestly see a difference in the filtering/noise reduction etc. etc.

Question 1. how do they differ?
Question 2. for a guy like me, living in a high noise urban setting
who's interests are contesting and dxing,
Which of these would be most appropriate?

Question 2. is one better against certain types of noise than others?

I've read the manual, but I really don't understand what it says.

(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio Member: ARRL, AMSAT, AMSAT-DL, TAPR, Packrats,
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"It is human nature to think wisely and act in
an absurd fashion.", Anatole France.
Twitter:rwmcgwier
Active: Facebook,Myspace,LinkedIn