Lot's of guys e-mailed me and I replied about remote operation individually.
Here it is for the others that repleid on the net.

I run the Flex 5000 into an SGC 500. Running a 17 volt power supply for the
SGC, I get
800 clean watts out on most bands, about 600 on 20 meters. I use a static IP
address and Windows desktop to run the station. ddutil controls the Palstar
AUTO antenna tuner. I have a Wavenode WN-2 power meter that has software
controlled
outputs to turn on AC for things, and control antennas, etc. Ddutil has a rotor
control and much more. I have used Skype for audio and virtual audio cables and
the Flex VAC for audio to the rig. All that works fine. I really prefer IP
sound
(freeware) for the audio, Again it requires a static IP address (I have four at
my place) but it has better quality audio bandwidth (adjustable) and EQ filters
that can be set to EQ the connection. The remote operation is the same whether
you are in your house and remoting it over your LAN, or over the internet. You
just need about 500k of bandwidth up and down for good performance.

?

Make sure your set your Windows Remote Desktop Options tab for Local
resources to leave the audio at remote location. This eliminates the audio
coming back from the remote site in both windows and IP sound, etc. There are
issues when you do not properly check that box.

?

I love the SGC as it is the best for remote as it has impeccable protection
circuits. If you happen to have the SGC
kick out because of high SWR etc, you will see the power drop on the wavenode
on
your screen. You then can reset the SGC remotely using the logical output of
the
WN-2 tied to the remote power connection control on the SGC.

?

Harry

W9BR