From: Tim Ellison <telli...@itsco.com>
To: "vtnn...@comcast.net" <vtnn...@comcast.net>; Flex Radio
<flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 4:06:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Rebuilding PC - go XP or Vista? Also what PC power
supply to get?

That PC should do great.  I am partial to Asus mobos.

You didn't indicate the radio you plan on using, so I am going to assume a
FLEX-x000 as opposed to the SDR-1000.

Based on that assumption, either XP or Vista x86 (32-bit) would be my choice.
Although Vista x64 will work perfectly well with PowerSDR without any issues,
you may have some "challenges" with VAC and Com0Com since neither are signed
kernel mode drivers based on the programs you want to use.

All of the Antec P/S I have used are of good build quality and do not radiate
much RF noise.  As far as cases are concerned, the more metal you have the
better off you are.  The ones with the clear plastic panels don't make good
Faraday cages for all the little RF emitters inside.

-Tim