today i connected a speaker to the line out to verify the clicks and pops and drop outs are coming from the pc (P4 4gig ram 2gig533),,,which they are so i'm happy it's not the sdr1000.

Can someone who has wsjt running on a sdr1000 with a D44 please tell me what they have set their Buffer's to on the Delta Audio Control Panel and also the other Buffer's within PSDR.

I have now also stripped XP as per Jason's suggestions re the link in the knowledgebase optimising XP.

I have also tried PSDR V1.16.1 which gives me the same error.

I've tried VAC 4.09 that came with the radio and a friend let me try 4.08 the audio fault on tx is still there,,,receive works fine i can decode signals off the moon no problems,,,,,,(bit of a worry that i can hear Anatoly in the speaker yet there is no trace on the waterfall/panafall on PSDR.)

However i've invest a considerable sum of money here on this SDR1000 and i'd like to get it working,,,,,i'm now thinking of buying my own VAC 4.09 which i think will not fix the cause,,,,,as receive works fine i assume the software is not corrupt. ????????

Maybe format the drive and re load windows is next incase there's some little demon files hiding around the place,,,,i am prepared to buy a new pc even though my sons dual core gave the same fault,,,,and i'd be looking at another dual core.

Adjusting Ms per int does appear to make a difference but at the sacrifice of DT within wsjt which renders it useless,,,,I've only met one person on here using a sdr1000 with wsjt and delta44 sound card and as i've stripped my other pc in the shack i no longer have his email to ask him if he was using it on the moon actively or just had it working once.

I'm spending a lot of hours here on this audio pop/click/drop out issue and i'm starting to think the PSDR+WSJT+Delta44 is just not cut out for the job and no one is game to tell me that directly incase they get banished to Hell for saying something against the sdr/flex Bible.

If moving to the Edirol soundcard with firewire card will fix the buffer/interupt issue please feel free to say so,,,,!!!!!

Paul
VK3DDU

Guys,
while in the process of stripping XP i removed my email client,,,silly me.

Now on a different email,,,if anyone has emailed my in the last 12 hours please post it to this email address.

By the way,,,,i stripped XP down and still have the problem but now not as bad as before,,,i'm still puzzled.

Tim if i use a larger Ms per int the latency is going to go out the window,,,i found an article in the knowledge base saying Ms per int should be about 5 to keep the DT in wsjt down around the 1.5sec.I have Ms per int at 10 but have played with it up to 20 and your right the issue reduces.

I down loaded the Demo version of VAC to see what everyone was on about and no i'm not using the demo version.

It's been suggested to me that i format the hard drive on the shack pc and re load windows,,,,,that doesn't seem logical to me ,,,,i've used two different machines,,two different D44 sound cards re loaded the software PSDR 1.16.2,,,,,,i'm going to connect line out to a speaker soon to see if the issue is coming from the pc because logic tells me after 2 different pc's and two different D44's there's only two common things left,,

me and the sdr1000

Paul