Hi All

I have the Flex-1500 pre-ordered so I am not QRV with a Flex radio yet
but I heard a few weak stations in the noise on my TS-570D earlier today
before I had to go deal with a partially flooded basement and a backed
up drain. I'll keep listening for calls in that frequency.

It's too bad Power SDR is coded in C#. I guess folks running under Linux
it are running Mono to get it compiled and running on Ubuntu? I have
been running Linux as my main daily OS since 2002 and using it as a
desktop user since 1999.  If Microsoft ever decides to use some patents
and shut Mono down it can. Writing new code so it will compile anywhere
seems like a good plan looking towards the future. Windows 7 sounds like
Vista service pack 3 and it is still full of the DRM features that
contribute to Vista being what it is.  openSuSE 11.1 runs great for me.
The XP pro install on this two year old computer has about an hour total
time on it. I just run Linux all the time. I plan on a dedicated XP
machine to run my Flex-1500  and other radios in the near future.
Supporting more than one OS is expensive and time intensive so I don't
expect Flex Radio to cater to a minority. It would just be nice if other
OSes were supported looking towards the future with code that can run
anywhere.

Hearing a station down in the noise again just now.

Steven
--
KC6KGE
Monitoring 52.560 , 146.550 Simplex tone squelch PL 100 and, 442.950 + PL 103.5