different mics, buffer settings, eq settings, tx bandwidth settings, ferrites
on all cables with special attention to firewire cable, different firewire
cards, different final bias settings all with no change to the same reports
that Ed and Others have heard.  I have run the radio using both XP and Vista
with the same results.  My computer is a Core2 Quad Dell, 3 gig ram, 2.4 cpu
and has low cpu usage.  I have tried both 1.18.0 and the latest SVN consoles
all with the same result.  I, at this point have just had to accept that this
is the way the radio will have to sound at the present time.
Dave-W4DWG