If you are running the code in demo mode, and it is taking in stuff from a typical sound card, that hump to the left of center is the 1/f noise - DC junk in the sound card. You can see a hint of this in some Flex 3000 and 5000 radios depending on the quality of your grounding, etc. but on noisy bands, not much.

This is the reason the power spectrum is not centered. We offset from DC (0 Hz in a -Fs/2 , Fs/2 IF band where Fs is the sample rate) to avoid the degradation from the noise at the center of the passband on receive. On transmit, it makes almost no difference since it is so far down.

Bob
N4HY

Jack Haverty wrote:
My Flex-3000 hasn't arrived yet, but I see this same "phantom image"
behavior running PowerSDR 18.0 in demo mode.  It also occurred in prior
version 16.  I figured I'd wait for the actual radio since it might be
an artifact of whatever demo mode does to create the band-noise.  It
looks like just a fairly steady carrier at the position you describe,
and when you center on it, it's not there, but pops back up a fraction
of a second later at the offset position.

/Jack Haverty
Point Arena, CA