I know that for the 5000a it was originally (and conservatively)
stated that we Rtty'ers should stick to 50 watts output especially
during contests, etc. Same for PSK. Later on, after getting some
experience in the field, they lifted the restriction and said 100
watts was fine. I do not know what PAs they used in the 3000 but I
would expect a similar approach (i.e., recommend 50 watts until
experience shows it can be 100).

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
(540) 242 0911