Hi All:  FWIW, I did get the Flex firewire driver and PSDR running on the Quad
Core here finally.
       A few Notes:   Thanks a LOT to Paul who did the "to the letter" of what
to do to set the Legacy Driver
in Win7.    Paul20 wrote:
> go into control panel then click on the little arrow beside the words control
> panel at top of screen
> select "All control panel items"
> click on the system icon
> then choose device manager..top left
> dvice manager opens..click on little arrow beside IEEE 1394 bus host
> controller and you will see your controller.
> right click on your host controller and select update driver
> select "browse my computer"
> then select "let me pick from a list...."
> you should see a driver with (legacy) at end of the name
> choose this and install it..
> I got an error message on install but it seems to have worked ok
> you may need a reboot
> I am using flex5000 so not sure if it will run the fa-66
> but worth a try..
> cheers
                      One thing to remember is to make sure and install the
.NET Framework version(s) for PSDR to start up correctly.
                        (My memory suffered a bit and it took a few frustrating
startups before I remembered that one hihi)
                 I also discovered that each time you go after a drive access
for some reason, the Flex firewire driver sample rate would revert back to
48k....sooo  when starting PSDR I have to change the sample rate back to 192k.
 It seems to stick once you have PSDR running.  I also now have the buffer
sized to 1024 and safe mode 1, processor use is at about 12-18% and the frame
rate in the display tab of PSDR is at 50 fps.  Running the Test Branch 1.19.0
SVN 3033
  Here is my present setup:    Genuine Intel MB and Quad core Q6700 processor
2.66 Ghz
                                           4 gig ram
                                           64 bit Win 7 build 7100 (RC) Dual
Boot with XP Pro on the other drive.
                                     Using all onboard "stuff"  ie: Video, Lan,
Firewire, etc.
    One quick Question, could someone reiterate the link(s) to the free vac and
comport programs that seem to work in 7? tnx.
Onward and upward....   thanks to all the Flex folks and fellow "Flexers" one
super environ to run in hihi.

"The Sum of Knowledge and Experience, is Wisdom"
                  "Censor Yourself, Not Others"